Roof Repair (Ladder safety tips)
Have you ever seen someone up on a ladder and thought it to be dangerous because of the amount of wobble and the extended reach? That is possibly due to the lack of training or common sense from the operator’s part. When using a ladder, it is important to keep in mind that this useful and valuable tool isn’t only simple to use but dangerous because of its lack of stability. At The Top Restoration recommends always consulting with expert roofing technician in order to keep yourself out of harm’s way.
No job is worth getting hurt for and no one wishes to be in that situation. Here are some tips that will keep you safe while on roof repair job.
- Do not climb on a ladder if you are not feeling well.
- Never use a ladder during a storm.
- Anti-slip resistant shoes are always recommended.
- If a ladder must be used on uneven ground; seek the help of a second person.
- If in doubt don’t’ climb up. It isn’t worth the risk
- Inspect the ladder before climbing. Wooden, Fiberglass ladders tend to deteriorate with time and constant use.
- Always keep three points of contact while climbing up and down a ladder and never hesitate to ask for assistance.
There is no need to risk yourself or your loved one’s safety if unnecessary. At The Top Restoration has many years of experience with roof repair, restoration, and roof upgrades, one can say that by default we are expert ladder climbers. We don’t want to discourage you from performing some DIY job at your own home; we want to make sure you are safe when you do it. If at any time you need assistance, advice or quote on a project you have in mind, give us a call or visit our website.
At The Top Restoration we believe in honest work and customer service but most of all, we know that safety is always a priority when performing a job. Call us today!