Common window cleaning techniques
It isn’t an everyday occurrence to be cleaning windows but when winter is over, or our in-laws are coming for a visit; we want our windows to be clean, so streak free that they go unnoticed. Window cleaning looks like a simple job, but there are plenty of mistakes that one can make to end up with less than a perfect job. At The Top Restoration has the experience and window cleaning technicians, so if you find yourself in need of an experience window crew; call us today. Here are a few tips to help you with the task of window cleaning.
- Clean your windows on a cloudy day. Summertime is a great time to do plenty of housekeeping but waiting on a cloudy day to clean your windows will prevent you from leaving streaks on the glass. Sunny, beautiful days are always great for taking care of our homes, but if window cleaning is necessary, it is still a good idea to perform that job t the end of the day or early morning before the sun is up.
- No need for that much elbow grease. It’s common for people to scrub as hard as they can with a scrunched newspaper which tends to move dirt around the glass while creating a static charge. Glass cleaned this way ends up dirty faster than expected because static attracts dust particles.
- Don’t skip dusting. Avoid creating mud that will leave streaks on the glass when you intend to go clean. Removing dust around the window frame and the glass will help you end up with a clean window.
- Cleaning solution. A crucial part of your window cleaning kit is a well-prepared solution. You can buy it already made, or you can mix warm water with liquid dish soap. Also, consider using a squeegee to remove soapy liquid once you have scrubbed the glass surface.
- Microfiber towels. Cleaning windows with the help of a newspaper may leave oil residues behind which in turn makes dust build up. At The Top Restoration recommends using a microfiber towel to clean the glass of your window. Microfiber is a more soft material on the glass, and its use will prevent unwanted streaks on the glass surface.
Consider calling At The Top Restoration for your next window cleaning job. If you have many windows or don’t have the time to clean them; don’t feel overwhelmed for you are not alone! We understand and we are here to help you with your household needs, Visit our website for more information and how to schedule a window cleaning crew. Contact us today!